Downtown Fort Wayne
All news

Military Discharge Copies

January 07, 2021

New tracking system developed for Military Discharge copies.

Per IC 10-17-2-4 (f), there is an added step to obtain a copy of a Veteran's Military Discharge paper that has been recorded with the County Recorder. Military Discharges are not a public record. The above code also states who is eligible to obtain a copy of a discharge.

You will first need to go to and request a copy. The site will then send an email to the County Recorder letting us know the request was made. When you come into the office for the copy we will ask for ID and if it is not the veteran themselves you will need to prove your relationship with the veteran.  

Anita Mather

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • DZone It!
  • Digg It!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • Blinklist
  • Add diigo bookmark